Sunday, August 22, 2010

Rusty

Definitely spotting my weaknesses where this photo-a-day thing is considered. I'm letting too many things stop me - the weather, my mood, distractions... Well, I suppose that's what a "trial run" is for - to show me where I need to improve. I'll never learn to see artistically until I start doing it automatically, instead of waiting for the "muse" to strike.




Today I woke up at 5:38 am. Usually I can fall right back asleep, especially when I have the bed to myself, but this morning my brain wouldn't turn off. Which is how I managed to make it out of the house before 7:00 am. It's still too early in the year to catch the blue morning light at that hour - I should have left at 6:00 if that was my goal. The grasses were still wet, and the hard August morning sun lit the fuβball field and creek near the house like a stage on opening night.

No comments:

Post a Comment