Monday, March 7, 2011

Hellooo?


Shortly after I took this picture, Heidi and I tried to grab the same stick, in the same place - at the same time. The difference was, she used her teeth and I used my hand. This scenario did not end well for anyone. 

So I've been gone awhile, in case you haven't noticed. After being laid low by a disease state throwback to the plague, I re-emerged to find that the world did not, in fact, stand still while I was sick and all the things I had committed to before being overrun with guerrilla viral germs were still there, impatiently awaiting my attention. This led me to think that perhaps my next commitment should be to a loony bin, but then I looked around my house and thought, "And the big difference would be....?"

*ahem*

Somehow - and actually I know how, but I'm not going into it right now because the self-pity card plays better when I feign ignorance -  I ended up with volunteer positions at our garrison's Public Affairs Office and as a delegate at our local-level AFAP conference. The PAO job is on-going (roving-reporter type) and the AFAP delegate (see the link for more info about that if you're curious) turned into a public speaking gig that made my hands shake and my knees knock. (I'm not a huge fan of public speaking - my own or anyone else's. But it's my own that makes my heart do an impression of a rock drum solo. Other people's just annoy me.)

All this hasn't left me a lot of time to ruminate on the trials and tribulations of a deployment which was KIND OF THE IDEA. While my sanity has benefited, sadly this blog has not. The good news is that motivation has returned with the sunshine and I'm sure I'll have some biased and emotional opinions to spew all over the place soon. 

2 comments:

  1. Love that photo. There is no such thing as a stick that is too big.

    Don't sweat blog absences. I sure don't. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the photo!!!! I'll second what Kathy said...I love your posts but life does take over at times.

    ReplyDelete